Bliss = Supreme Happiness~The Joy of Heaven~Utter Joy + Bite= a Cut~a Wound~Pain~an Obstacle~Anything that Makes Life Hard
Life sometimes may bite us and it may hurt...but in order to heal the wound there needs to be a realization that there is bliss in every bite. By doing this, one may grow and move forward.
This process is our band-aid of life.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Sitting down, kitchen table, a moment to breathe, hair pulled back. Dishwasher running, Aria playing, husband at the pool. Tired, thinking....where have these seven and a half months gone???


 Yesterday after lunch/dinner I was trying to entertain Aria by showing her some old videos that Fer and I took during this past New Years. My parents had bought us a new camera for Christmas, and we couldn't wait to use it! So on New Years eve Fer and I were waiting for the clock to strike 12, and to buy some time, we video taped ourselves on the events that happened in 2010 and what we hoped to accomplish during the year 2011.
I think it amused me more than Aria to watch this. I love to go back and watch family videos. They make me laugh, and these recordings weren't an exception :)
 But now that I have a little moment to think, I am remembering myself happily telling the camera what I wanted to accomplish. And honestly, I have only checked 4/11 of the items I listed. Some things I said were: having Aria, ....one second...she started to cry!
(5 minutes later) Ok, so they were: having Aria, a nice long vacation, lots of money (from money that supposedly I was supposed to win from a raffle, $10,000 to be exact) , to loose a certain amount of weight, to move into a new apartment, to start school again (an extra degree), to go to the dentist to get a cleaning, an eye exam and new contacts, lots of presents on my birthday, to start learning french, and to be Happy!
Unfortunately the $10,000 wish item did not happen...but so far I got the best of them all (Aria). 
This video helped me to remember what some of my goals were, and even though all my wish items will not be checked off by the end of the year...I realize that its okay. Things change, or items can be delayed, and its fine. I guess its like the most common New Years resolution of loosing weight. I think that is probably on almost everybody's list right? :) And most of us don't actually do it do we? But at least we keep trying. That is all that matters.
So here, while I am surrounded by piles of laundry to be washed, I am thinking...7 1/2 months into the year...I am happy after all. It's been a looooong....and hard year so far, but I have what is most important, my family.
But!!! I am also thinking!!! I still have 4 1/2 months to go! So...I am going to learn FRENCH...well, I am going to start...hopefully I will remember a few words by the end of the year :)
Hope you guys have not given up on your New Years resolutions! Try and just accomplish one thing you wanted! You still have time! But if you don't make it, DON'T STRESS! What matters is that you try!!!
Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. i dont even remeber my new years resolutions haha

    ReplyDelete