Bliss = Supreme Happiness~The Joy of Heaven~Utter Joy + Bite= a Cut~a Wound~Pain~an Obstacle~Anything that Makes Life Hard
Life sometimes may bite us and it may hurt...but in order to heal the wound there needs to be a realization that there is bliss in every bite. By doing this, one may grow and move forward.
This process is our band-aid of life.

Monday, August 8, 2011

2 Month Update

It has been almost two and a half months since my last post! Yikes! 
First of all, sorry. I wanted to keep this blog updated as much as possible, but I have let myself go... Well, here is the update anyway of what I have been doing... 
On June 9th Fer, Aria and I left on our fun vacation to Mexico! We went to visit Fer's parents and we were there for 1 whole month!! It was fun, but at the end I really wanted to go back to my own bed and little home...you know how that is, right? In fact, when we came home I was so exited that my small one bedroom apartment seemed like a mansion, LOL!
During our stay in Mexico, we went to Cancun for a week, (Playa del Carmen), and that was Paradise! I really didn't enjoy the weather, it was really really HUMID and very HOT, but it was a fun experience! My in-laws stayed with Aria, so Fer and I had our time. Obviously we would meet during the day and eat and do other things together, but on occasion, just fer and I, we got to go to the XCARET park and to visit the archeological site of TULUM. It was so fun! At the XCARET park we got to swim in a cave, see jaguars, monkeys, tons of iguanas, and the beautiful dance show that is at the end. It recalls all of Mexico's history. It's really cool! One of my favorite parts of this park is also the Mayan village. It is on a hill, overlooking the ocean, and it is covered in flowers and trees, and a really old mexican cemetary. It is AMAIZING! I want to live in a place like this: A hill or mountain, full of nature's beauty, overlooking the ocean. That is my dream :)
Then TULUM is beautiful! It's a place where there are lots of pyramids next to the beach, overlooking the ocean. Wow, breathtaking! 
 During my stay in Cancun I got super sunburned! ouch! But after 2 weeks it was all better :) 
We also went around Mexico City, that is where they are from. We went to the kid's museum there, Papalote (it means butterfly) and the castle of Chapultepec, which I fell in love with, (I have a secret passion for Sissi, the empress of Austria, and that castle belonged to her brother-in-law). That castle has all the rooms set up as they were, with the objects they used, it has the carriages they used, clothes of that time (1800s)...and it was quite impressive! I loved it!!!
We also went to San Miguel de Allende, and I loved that too! It is a beautiful old city in the state of Guanajuato, and has a beautiful cathedral and a beautiful square with fun shaped trees. There are lots of peddlers selling popcorn or corn on the cob (with chile, mayo, lime, and sometimes doritos if you wanted), and other snacks. They would also sell toys for kids. Aria got there from her grandparents a "girandola" or pinwheel in english, or rehilete in spanish. Over there in San Miguel I had the best churros filled with lechera! Yum!! 
Then we went to Morelia, in the state of Michoacan, which was also a beautiful place. They had a beautiful square, with lots of activities going on. On the grounds next to the cathedral they had many water holes shooting up, I assume so the kids can have fun. I really wanted to do something fun, so I told Fer we should run underneath the water geysers, and we got very WET! But, now we have a great memory. It was soo fun. There we also had delicious enchiladas morelianas, which are a little different than regular enchiladas (they have cooked carrots and potatoes on top), and molletes (bread with beans and melted cheese, served with pico de gallo often times).  Ah.....good memories
We also visited Tepotztlan's cathedral...WOW...and we went to six flags :)
The last place we went to was Veracruz, we weren't there for that long, but it was WOW! Spectacular. It is very very green, which I love!, and yea...I don't know how else to describe it.  I was surprised to see trees that had a golden and bronzed look to their trunks. Very cool!
The rest of the time we stayed at my in-laws home, watching "La Reina del Sur", and visiting with Fer's relatives and especially his grandpa. It was fun to hear some of his stories of when he was young. 
 So this is the sum up of the month of June and part of July. Lots of fun! But glad to be home :)
Then, the month of July has been a month of sickness for my family, and that has not been fun. Also it was a month of going back to work, and that was no fun. Although it was fun to see my family. So, July is GONE, and I am glad for that! August brings me a good feeling, a feeling of fall coming in...well, sort of, but that is my FAVORITE season of all times. I love the weather, the fall colors, the feeling of school in the air...and then leaves, and pumpkins and Halloween and the smell of hay, and hot chocolate and cider, and...Ah....so EXITED!!
So here I am...it's getting hard to type with Aria in my lap...so...this is what has been going on...and frankly, during these months lots of things have gone on, and I have really learned a lot...but maybe that will be for another blog...maybe :) For now, please enjoy these photos!
 Have a GREAT week!


































 I don't have all the photos (my husband has the rest), but again, hope you enjoyed these!

No comments:

Post a Comment