Bliss = Supreme Happiness~The Joy of Heaven~Utter Joy + Bite= a Cut~a Wound~Pain~an Obstacle~Anything that Makes Life Hard
Life sometimes may bite us and it may hurt...but in order to heal the wound there needs to be a realization that there is bliss in every bite. By doing this, one may grow and move forward.
This process is our band-aid of life.
Today I wanted to talk about something really important that I learned from my husband Fer. One of the most beautiful talents that he has and that I love is his ability to dream and to accomplish that very thing. Before I met him I found myself in a somewhat dormant state. I dreamed about things, about the person I wanted to become and what I really wanted to do with my life. Since I have met him, and especially after we got married, I have had the privilege of learning how to accomplish things from that very giant instead of just dreaming about it. I have not perfected it, I am just in the beginnings of this learning process but I have come to learn something.
We are not Pinocchio. I believe that we do have a Jiminy Cricket, as we are guided by the Holy Ghost, but honestly, we don't all have a blue fairy like Pinocchio that appears and makes our dreams come true.

"When you wish upon a star your dreams come true"
I don't discourage this movie or the statement its making, and I definitely don't discourage dreaming or making wishes...in fact dream as much as you can. If you want, wish upon stars and believe. Look up to the starry night and express those most desired wants of yours and know that someone is truly listening. I know this.
There is nothing wrong with that famous quote mentioned above. But nonetheless, I would add something to it. "When you wish upon a star [and work to accomplish it] your dreams come true".
After learning that I am not Pinocchio I also learned a SECRET: I am a creator. I am my own blue fairy and so are you.
Without realizing it we create every day. And we can do that with our dreams too. In middle school I learned this quote by Jack Weyland "First we dream the dream, and then we build the wings to make it fly". Like this quote says we first need to figure out what it is that we want and then we work on it. It might take a while but in the end we will have accomplished our dreams.
Fer taught me to every year focus on some things that I want to accomplish. Then to write them down and add pictures that resemble what I want and to look at these goals, this design, often. By the end of the year we look at them one final time and we have always noticed that we will have accomplished things that we wanted. I encourage you to do this because it will help to remind you what you want, and this constant reminder will help you to work on your goals through out the year.
My husband and I have made the goal to finish reading the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I really encourage you to do so if you haven't already. We are only on ch. 2 titled "Begin with the End in Mind". In this chapter it talks about making a mission statement and having that guide you through your life. A mission statement based on what you value and the kind of person you want to be. This chapter also talks about how you see yourself in 20 years from now and what we want to have accomplished. Looking to the future will help us become successful in achieving our goals.
What is success in this life? Everybody needs to figure out what success means to them. To me success is keeping my marriage strong and my family united and strong in the gospel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For you it can be something different, but I encourage you to find what it is that you want out of life. Sit down and write the talents that you have, what you like to do, and what you liked to do as a child. What is it that makes you happy? From there figure out what you want to accomplish in life.
Yesterday I attended the funeral, more of a farewell, of my friend's father. It was the most beautiful funeral I have ever attended. There was such a love felt there. That family is a true example to me. Not only, but this successful dad and husband that passed away was really true success. He had a really strong marriage and had 9 faithful kids who love life, their family, and the gospel. He also accomplished many professional things in his life and developed his talents. To me he is an example of true success.
As you make your wishes upon those stars I encourage you, like myself, to base those dreams on important values. And remember, that you are your own blue fairy.
Moral of the story is: instead of just dreaming and waiting for things to happen, why don't you get up and make them happen! You are after all your own creator.
Happy wishing to all!!!
P.S. I dedicate this post to my husband, who always teaches me something new, and helps me to become my best! T'Amo Fer
Thanks for the encouraging words! I agree with everything you said. :)
ReplyDelete