So, let's get some things straight before I start...
#1, My blog should really be named what the title of this blog is "A peak into my crazy life" instead of "Bliss in Every Bite"
#2, You may be wondering why I haven't kept blogging. Don't worry, you will soon realize why by the end of the blog
#3, In the making of this blog, nobody was seriously injured, except maybe emotionally
#4, Don't try this at home
#5, Somehow, I still manage to love motherhood and am thankful for everything I have, even for the crazy moments (somebody who is not a mother yet might disagree with me by the end of this blog)
#6, Please don't judge me. Thank you
Now that we have those things clear, I will tell you how my wonderfully fun filled night was yesterday.
So, lets begin by explaining that last night Aria and I were going to be alone for the night, because my husband was planning a fun Bachelor party for one of his friends and they were going to have a sleep over at one of the guy's house. I thought. Sure! No problem dear! Go ahead and go have fun with the guys, they are good people, I know them, yup! Go right ahead! I am often alone with Aria anyways, I can handle her. We have fun together. She has been really good lately anyways.
It all begin when I said "YES"!
Now, before we go on, I must tell you that I am at a stage where I am trying to grow individually as a person, by doing various things, and also trying to grow a business I just started that helps myself and others eventually get to a level where we can enjoy having financial freedom. So the only time when I can really do something is before anybody is up, even though that is really hard because I don't really get very nice relaxing sleep. But these past few days Aria has been so good, that she doesn't really get up a lot during the night and therefore I feel more rested. So the morning of last night I did get up at 5 am (that might not be early for some of you, but it was hard for me :)...It is just between 2-3 hours before I usually get up). Plus I get up between 1-3 times during the night still. So...It was great. I got mostly I wanted done, was ready before everybody else, and thought like I had a great start that day...
So back to my story, so I said yes, and there we were, just the two of us last night. Now, Aria usually goes to bed between 9:30-10:00 usually. It used to be worse a little bit ago. We started to have a pretty good routine, she gets a fun bath at 9pm, then she plays a little bit more, eats some milk, and by then she is very sleepy.
Yesterday I took her to the mall for a couple of hours, because she loves to be outside, and she did have a great time. I thought that was going to tire her out. It tired me very much.
So anyways, by the time we were home, and Aria had taken a short nap, it was about 8 pm. I was super tired already, and couldn't wait for 2 more hours until she would be sound and happily asleep. So 9:15 goes, and I think, OK, she has played enough, let's give her a nice little bath. I even do a video because I love catching the small simple moments. She was having a super fun time, playing with the water.
10 pm, OK Aria, it's definitely time to fall asleep. I am super tired, I am sure you are too, right?? So I feed her the bottle, I sing to her, then I gently lay her in her crib, say goodnight and leave the room, shut the door. That is what the doctor told me to do. She doesn't like that much, so she gets up on her crib and starts crying. (By the way, we all sleep in the same room, so I obviously can't go to bed with her next to me screaming, so I just sit outside on the couch, waiting for her to fall asleep so I can finally sleep). She is in there past 20 min crying, which is more than usual, so I thought, well, maybe she really isn't too tired yet. I will have to wait 30 more min.
So I pick her up, bring her to the living room with me and she plays with her toys, and then sees me typing ridiculous statuses that only tired people, late at night, write on Facebook (hey! that's me!), and so she comes over to play with my laptop that she loves. (I don't like this fact at all). She always makes some weird things happen to my computer when she does that. So I try and distract her.
There we are, already 11:30 pm by now, still no sign of any tiredness, from her. She is clean, fed, she has all the stinking things that she could possibly need. She is just having fun playing and practicing to stand up and stay standing on her own. Which is very very cute. I am so tired, and upset, but I just feel like laughing out of desperation. I just keep thinking, Oh boy. wow. this is fun. AHAHAH!
So then I thought, OK, I am so tired that I can almost just fall asleep standing, so I will get ready for bed, and bring her along. Eventually, next to me, she will see me lying down, so she will eventually fall asleep. That was my plan. Well, I am extremely sad to say my well thought out plan did not work, it actually back fired on me.
So here we are, 12:10 am, in my bed with some stuffed animals to keep us company and pillows around the bed just in case Aria would get close to the edge, Me-holding Aria, slowly without realizing it drifting off to sleep, then back awake checking on Aria, then closing my eyes for a second, then eyes open, eyes closed...closed...open...closed...open...closed...closed...closed
Here is Aria-Yeay!! In bed with ma-ma!! What shall I do next...play with lion lieto....play with teddy bear that resembles Fer, playing with lieto...mmmm...having fun hitting mommy, gently of course, mmmm....looking at the curtains, looking at the cealing fan, mmm.....Oh!! Wow!! Is that my dad's shiny I Pod I see on the counter? I can reach for it, yes! almost there! "AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA", I get up, realized that I had just closed my eyes a little bit too long, me-"NO!!!!!!!!!!!! ARIA!!!!!!!!" I realize that the pillow boarder I made did not work, I jump to the edge and to my horror Aria was laying on the floor, face up, crying her head off! "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Aria fell off the bed!!!!!!!!!!" Now, I just measured the height this morning, and she fell a whole 25 inches or 63 cm.
My nightmare since she was born was for her to fall off the bed. I have always made sure that she was never alone on the bed, because the thought of her falling from it really scared me.
In fact last night when I saw that horrible scene, I started shacking with fear. I ran to carefully pick her up, she is still crying uncontrollably. I hold her tight, I start watching her to see if anything hurts, her legs seem fine, she can turn her head, she seems OK....but I am still scared. All this time I start crying too, I feel so bad. I feel so guilty. I feel so scared. She hugs me really tight. Of course she is super frightened. I can feel her heart beating fast, my hands still shacking. I am bawling, she stops crying though. And what do you know? After 5 minutes she gets super tired and NOW decides that she wants to doze off to sleep. But no! I first need to make sure she is OK, for real. So while I am holding her I check again that she is alright.
I have been told that when someone hits their head not to let them fall asleep, and that is what Aria wanted to do. I guess the hit was so hard, and the crying, that, that! finally exhausted her.
But I couldn't let her fall asleep that easily, so I lay her down, tickle her and trying to keep her awake. I see that she is responding well. She starts giggling, probably thinking, ma-ma, what are you doing? Didn't you want me to go to bed? ohhhhhh.....During this time I am still crying. Feeling so scared. Not believing that she just fell off the bed and she is fine. Thinking of how I could not live my life without her, but finally I decide that it is OK that she goes off to sleep. So I lay her down in her crib, re-check her quickly, and without hesitation she falls asleep. I watch her for a while, I am still crying. Ok, I think, she is asleep and seems like she is OK.
Next thing I know I am waking up, middle of the night, Aria wants her milk. OK, she really must be fine. Then we both quickly get back to sleep. Next thing I know, my alarm goes off at 4:45 am. Thinking: no way am I getting up. I turn it off and go back to bed. Next thing I know Aria wakes up and starts crying for me at 7 am. Since I am next to her, I pick her up, and slowly and unwillingly I open my eyes wide so that this time, while she is on the bed with me, she will not fall. So there she is, comletely fine. Playing with lieto, the bear, the curtain, oh! she spotted the shiny I Pod again and is going for it!
Obviously I catch her early enough before she can even fall off the bed again and tell her "Aria, you never learn!"
So here we are, waiting for daddy, just a few more hours, it's almost 10 am. He is going to have some fun things to hear from me. ahahah! She is still not wanting to go take a nap, she is playing with her books now. Me, I am still very exhausted. I want to go to bed again. And actually, when I got up this morning I cried again thinking of last night, and thanking God for keeping Aria safe. Can you believe it? Not even a small bump on her beautiful little head.
So yes, here is the story of my fun night with Aria. And it keeps on going and going this morning. I just have to laugh be....wait!!! she is eating toilet paper!......................................................................................ok, so yea, I just have to laugh.
Now, since my blog is titled bliss in every bite, I have to find the bliss in this horrible adventure that happened to us last night. Well, mmmmmm.....mmmmm, I guess the only good thing is that Aria is safe and sound, and no damage has been done. None what so ever.
So here I end my story. Let's just get a few more points clear.
#1, I hope I can survive the rest of today without going insane.
#2, Fer, my dear sweet husband, this is for you: Even though I really know it is not your fault, and I am still glad you probably had tons of fun with your friends, PLEASE...don't leave me alone EVER again!! Next time I might really loose my head. Thank you.
The END....of the blog (I am not done, Aria is still wide awake....)
No comments:
Post a Comment